Selling does not always mean making a sale. You sometimes have to sell yourself, your quality, your brand, or your trust. The way you treat an individual can go a long way. Embedding your company logo into the heads of your clients will grow your business. Having a honest and trustworthy presence will allow clients to do business with you. There are many ways to sell real estate properties which don’t involve making a direct sale.
The below tips are common ways to sell real estate properties without making a direct sale, these are the actions which commonly lead to a sale. Let’s go over the ways to sell real estate properties without making a direct sale:
- Personality. Personality is a great business tool. It makes you personable, approachable, and the right personality can charm anyone. Unfortunately, personality is rarely a characteristic which a person can develop or imitate, it is something a person is born with. However, most people have a personality, they just need a little help getting it to shine through. I have some tips for getting your personality to shine through.
- Practice makes perfect, so attend social events and conferences to network with others. Continue this routinely until social atmospheres become a comfort zone for you
- Always, smile inside. If you smile inside then it will appear you are always smiling outside. Think happy thoughts!
- When speaking face to face look a person in the eyes, without it being an uncomfortable stare. Stand still if you are one on one with someone, but if you are in a full room or crowded conference center then use slide presentations and move from one side of the room to the other while projecting your voice and connecting with all sides of the room.
- When talking over the phone, talk clear and pronounce your words. Take brief pauses and breathes between sentences and speak in a calm tone.
- Don’t always be about real estate, unloosen your tie sometimes and talk about yourself, your hobbies, and your interest – show your personality.
- Start a blog or newsletter which allows you to express your personality while promoting your real estate business
- Use Signatures. Placing your real estate property listing in your email signature can generate traffic for your listing. You should also place your real estate property listing in the signature of online forums and discussion boards, thus increasing the visibility of your real estate listing.
- Free Classifieds & Online Directories. There are an unlimited amount of free classified services and online directories. The most popular online classified service is Craigslist.org. Having a real estate property listing in Craigslist is known to yield results and deliver high traffic.
- Social Media & Bookmarking Networks. Social media and bookmarking networks are increasingly popular. These networks can deliver high levels of traffic, especially if you become popular and sociable within these type of networks. Submit your real estate listing to these networks. It is most beneficial to find social networks which are edicated specifically to real estate, such as Active Rain Real Estate Networks.
- Organic Referrals. Referrals are very important, because this comes as a trusted body of resource. Referrals increase the chances of a sale. If a homeowner has done business with you in the past and you have a new listing for sale, then you should send an email to your past clients to inform them of your new listing and to please refer you to any of their family or friends that may be in the market for a new home. Most homeowners no someone in the market for a new home and are more than happy to recommend a real estate agent who they have had a pleasant experience with.
The above are great places to start for promoting your real estate listings without ever spending a dime. Penny pinching and only free advertising should never be your core business model, but in many cases it is unavoidable and every business goes through times when they need to save, so using the tips above should help you get the most out of your free marketing campaign.